The Hot Corner!
Check out the physics you can learn from
Brandon Phillips' "Double Hit.".
Dr. Baseball's latest articles at :
The Effect of the Marine Layer on Fly Balls
- with Chris Mitchell in
The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2017.
The Physics of Statcast Errors
- Statcast has great potential, but the "Sniff Test" would help.
The Physics of October Baseball in Wrigley
- There's October baseball at Wrigley Field. There's also October weather.
The Physics of Ballpark Statues
- Why don't some of them tip over?
As Bogey once said, "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." The only thing that can make baseball even better is a dash of physics! Explore these links and have a blast. Please send comments to the address below.
Dr. Baseball Videos
- Join our friend Dr. Baseball, for some short videos briefly explaining the physics behind baseball.
- Baseball Publications
- Papers and articles using baseball to understand physics.
- Professional Presentations
- Here are some talks that you might find useful. They might even be interesting and fun.
- Physics of Baseball Activities
- This is a collection of basic activities and experiments to help you understand the physics of baseball. They require almost no special equipment and very little math.
- Other Resources
- We have some odds and ends in here.
- Baseball Links
- Some of our favorite places for physics and baseball on the web.
Maintained by Dr. Baseball, Ph.D. ()